A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
A McDonald’s location in Mississauga has temporarily closed after an employee tested positive for COVID-19, McDonald’s Canada announced.
According to a statement issued by the company, an employee from the 100 City Centre Drive location reported that they tested positive for COVID-19 on Sept. 25.
The affected restaurant is located inside of Square One’s Walmart superstore.
“Out of an abundance of caution, the decision was made to immediately shut down the restaurant for a thorough cleaning and sanitization by a certified third party,” McDonald’s Canada said in a statement.
“We are working to ensure we reopen safely; as we know, our guests depend on their local McDonald's, and we are committed to doing our part to help our communities.”
McDonald’s Canada says that all workers who may have been in close contact with the employee have been asked to self-quarantine until further information is available.
The employee worked their last shift on Sept. 20 from 7:00 a.m to 1:35 p.m.
Diners who visited the restaurant on Sept. 20 are encouraged to visit Public Health Ontario’s website.
McDonald’s says it’s taking additional precautions in response to the pandemic, including making hand sanitizer dispensers available inside the restaurant, cleaning and sanitizing high-touch surfaces, installing floor markers to help customers practice physical distancing, installing protective screens at the front counters, limiting capacity and requiring employees to wear proper PPE.
“Maintaining the health and well-being of our crew and guests is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor and adapt measures, where necessary,” the statement reads.
- McDonald's location shut down after employee tests positive for COVID-19 in Mississauga
- Mississauga McDonald's temporarily closes after employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga McDonald's closes after an employee tested positive for COVID-19
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- An employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk