McDonald’s Canada Accepting Applications in a Very Unique Way Soon
If you've always wanted to work at McDonald's, you may have thought the common next step would be to apply online or drop off an application at your closest location. However, for one day only, there will be another way for potential McDonald's employees to apply.
On March 27, 2019, those who want to apply can do so using the popular social media app, Snapchat.
This application process has been named ‘Snapplications’.
"On March 27th, Snapchat users will find a unique lens that enables them to film a 30-second video capturing why they want to work for McDonald’s that can be submitted to the McDonald’s Canada hiring portal," reads a McDonald's Canada press release.
More details on how to apply are outlined in the graphic below.
The goal of this application process is to provide a convenient application process that will attract more young people.
“We wanted to offer a convenient and flexible application process to attract more young people through our one-day virtual hiring event," Stephanie Hardman, Chief People Officer at McDonald’s Canada, said in the release. “From youth applying for their first jobs, to experienced candidates, Snapplications is a new and exciting way for people to kick-start a career at McDonald’s Canada.”
McDonald's is the first brand in Canada to launch this application process. However, the brand isn't just stopping here.
Later this month, according to the release, McDonald's will also be launching a first-in-Canada partnership with Google Voice. With this partnership, Canadians will be able to discover local offers available at McDonald's (in the MyMcD's app) by asking their Google voice-activated devices.
Cover photo is courtesy of the official McDonald's Facebook page.
Graphic is courtesy of McDonald's Canada.
- McDonald's Launches a Unique Way To Apply For a Job in Mississauga
- McDonald’s Canada Launches Exciting New Menu Item
- McDonald's Hack Compromises Thousands of People's Personal Information
- Here's How McDonald's Canada is Supporting Charities Across the Country
- Big Changes Could be Coming to McDonald's Burgers in Canada
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga