Mayor Bonnie Crombie urging residents to continue to support local businesses amid pandemic
Mayor of Mississauga, Bonnie Crombie, is urging people to continue supporting local businesses despite the fact Ontario has urged restaurants and bars refuse to allow dine-in options and only offer take and delivery.
As of 12:01 a.m. on March 17, Ontario us urging all bars and restaurants to refrain from offering dine-in services to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“I want to encourage people to please support our local business community by ordering take-out or mobile ordering from your favourite restaurant and consider buying gift certificates to local restaurants and movie theatres that can be used at a later date,” Crombie said in a release.
“Our goal is first and foremost to keep our City and our residents healthy and safe and reduce the further spread of this virus,” she added.
Additionally, the Province is advising cities and municipalities close nightclubs, movie theatres, concert venues and other businesses that would involve gatherings of 50 people or more at one time.
“I think we have all seen based on the federal’s governments response today that unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures,” Crombie continued.
- Peel Public Health strongly supports closing bars, dine-in restaurants, nightclubs and theatres, effective 12:01 a.m.
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie urging Mississauga residents continue following advice from health officials despite dip in new COVID-19 cases
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie urging Province to allow more pharmacies to offer COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- Province urging food delivery services to reduce fees for struggling restaurants
- Based on current numbers, Mayor Bonnie Crombie doesn’t believe Mississauga experiencing second wave
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga