MasterChef contestant set to host cooking class at The Food District in Square One in Mississauga
If you haven’t been to The Food District in Square One in Mississauga, you are missing out on a fabulous food mecca right in the heart of the city—one where something interesting is almost always happening.
Food lovers might be happy to hear that MasterChef Canada’s Alisha Sood (who actually hails from Mississauga) will be hosting a Talk & Taste Dinner in the District Kitchen on Wednesday, Nov. 27.
View this post on Instagram
Hi guys! I am excited to officially announce that I have partnered with @shopfooddistrict @shopsquareone to bring you my first talk and taste dinner on Wednesday, November 27th. Come hang out and eat some amazing food with @orokanaf as my Sous Chef (I’m usually his), while learning how to make my families legendary biriyani, paired with some awesome drinks made by the talented @teawithvlc, snacks, and dessert. Seats are limited. Link in the bio for tickets! #SQ1FoodDistrict #torontofoodies #squareone #toronto #mississauga #mississaugafoodies
Those who attend the event, which will run from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., will get to watch the season 4 contestant teach her very first cooking class at the facility.
Organizers say Sood will create an authentic homestyle meal that brings her back to her childhood—but with an elevated twist.
Tickets can be purchased for $60 on The Food District website.
For those who are unaware, Sood was hailed as a “phenomenal chef” and a “phenomenal person” by the MasterChef Canada judges during her tenure on the show. The judges included Michael Bonacini, Alvin Leung, and Claudio Aprile.
Since her time on Masterchef Canada, Sood has worked as a recipe developer, food stylist, food writer, and professional cook.
Will you be checking out Sood at The Food District?
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- A look at one of the most in-demand neighbourhoods in Mississauga
- Celebrities Set to Appear at the Grand Opening of the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Exciting Shop The Food District Holiday Concept Open at Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Here's Some of the Food Coming to Square One's Food District in Mississauga
- Massive New Food District Coming to Square One