Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
Police are warning residents to be cautious following the formation of a massive sinkhole in Mississauga.
Earlier this afternoon, Peel police said Region of Peel crews were responding to a “large watermain break” on Hurontario St at Matthews Gate.
Now, police say the sinkhole is approximately 30 feet in length and 10 feet deep.
Southbound Hurontario from Burnhamthorpe Rd. will be closed off for the next hour until area can be secured.
Residents are advised to expect delays in that area.
- Road Closure Due To Sinkhole In Mississauga
- Major Area of Hurontario to Remain Closed Indefinitely After Explosion in Mississauga
- Large Water Main Break Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
- Peel Police Urging People to Avoid This Area
- UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Restaurant evacuated due to fire in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19