Massive Sinkhole Opens Up in Mississauga
Police are warning residents to be cautious following the formation of a massive sinkhole in Mississauga.
Earlier this afternoon, Peel police said Region of Peel crews were responding to a “large watermain break” on Hurontario St at Matthews Gate.
Now, police say the sinkhole is approximately 30 feet in length and 10 feet deep.
Southbound Hurontario from Burnhamthorpe Rd. will be closed off for the next hour until area can be secured.
Residents are advised to expect delays in that area.
- Emergency Services Responding To Active House Fire in Mississauga
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- Police Searching for Possible Contractor Wanted for Uttering Threats in Mississauga
- A Flood Outlook is Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Rental Prices Inching Even Higher in Mississauga: Report
- Road Closure Due To Sinkhole In Mississauga
- Major Area of Hurontario to Remain Closed Indefinitely After Explosion in Mississauga
- Large Water Main Break Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
- Peel Police Warning Mississauga Residents To Beware of Dangerous Substance
- Peel Police Urging People to Avoid This Area