Massive Rock Climbing Facility Set to Open This Fall in Mississauga
There's nothing quite like the thrill of rock climbing, though options for indoor climbing in Mississauga have never been too impressive.
That should hopefully change with the arrival of a new, bouldering-specific climbing gym called Up the Bloc, set to open sometime in Fall 2016.
For those unaware, "bouldering" is a type of rock climbing that makes do without safety equipment such as ropes and harnesses. It simulates the feeling of danger associated with genuine rock climbing, though of course, mats are placed on the floor to prevent injury from falling.
Up The Bloc promises to deliver 11,000 square feet of "finely crafted bouldering circuits," in an effort to create the best climbing experience possible.
The gym will be run by Luigi Montilla and Jean-Marc de la Plante, two friends who have been pursuing their climbing hobby for more than a decade. According to Montilla, they will be releasing renderings of the gym sometime this week.
Details of the gym's location and exact opening date not yet been announced. You can follow Up the Bloc on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with any updates, or sign up on their website for a chance to win prizes.
- One of a Kind Climbing and Fitness Facility Now Open in Mississauga
- Everything You Need to Know About a One-of-a-Kind New Climbing and Fitness Gym in Mississauga
- Rental Prices Climbing in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Check Out What Hazel McCallion Did Just Days Before She Turns 98
- Major Festival Coming to Celebration Square