Massive Online Company Set to Create 200 Jobs in Mississauga
A popular online company is setting up shop in Mississauga and bringing 200 new positions with it.
Furniture giant Wayfair, one of the world’s largest online housewares companies, recently announced the opening of its first delivery and warehouse facility in Canada.
The company says the new facility will bring 200 jobs to the GTA.
It also says the new 800,000 sq. ft. location in Mississauga will support the “rapid growth of Wayfair.ca and help drive even faster delivery of home furnishings, decor and home improvement products to Wayfair’s growing customer base in Canada.”
It will serve as a Wayfair CastleGate facility as well as a cross dock, consolidation center and last mile delivery agent.
It will be located at 2020 Logistics Drive.
“We are excited to expand our team with the addition of 200 new jobs in the greater Toronto region as we expand our proprietary logistics network to create the best possible shopping experience for home,” noted Paul Toms, vice president, Canada and Lifestyle Brands, Wayfair.
“Our new facility will allow us to provide faster delivery for even the heaviest and bulkiest items, as well as innovative features such as personalized delivery options and real-time Day of Delivery tracking in select regions.”
Naturally, the company is hiring, and is looking for candidates to fulfill positions in management, warehouse, concierge, industrial engineering and customer service functions.
Wayfair says full-time positions offer a wide range of benefits including equity, bonuses, a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), tuition reimbursement, medical, dental and vision insurance and discounts on employee purchases.
You can actually see the available positions here.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the 12 month period up to March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
- Tech company setting up shop in Mississauga, creating 500 new jobs
- Major Company Launches Next-Day Home Delivery Service
- Grocery delivery service partnering with catering company to provide gourmet culinary experience at home
- Major Company Offering Same Day Grocery Delivery
- Huge company bringing an array of new jobs to Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Ontario premier Doug Ford in isolation
- Man charged with allegedly using fake COVID-19 document at Pearson Airport in Mississauga