Massive Number of Contraband Cigarettes Seized from Mississauga Man
A Mississauga resident has been charged after police seized a large number of contraband cigarettes during a routine traffic stop.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported around 7:30 p.m. that police stopped a male driver on Highway 6 in Hamilton.
Officers inspected the vehicle and located 116,400 contraband cigarettes.
The driver, 56 year old Mississauga man Mahmoud Al Zarif, has been charged with trafficking contraband tobacco.
Photos courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Two Mississauga Men Charged with Trafficking Contraband Tobacco
- Are Contraband Cigarettes Fuelling Organized Crime in Mississauga?
- Mississauga man charged in connection with contraband cigarette operation
- Mississauga woman charged after allegedly using drone to smuggle contraband into correctional facility
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
- Police investigating triple stabbing in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Province tells people in Mississauga to only celebrate Christmas with members of their own household
- Toronto police have person of interest in billionaire deaths