Massive Number of Contraband Cigarettes Seized from Mississauga Man
A Mississauga resident has been charged after police seized a large number of contraband cigarettes during a routine traffic stop.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported around 7:30 p.m. that police stopped a male driver on Highway 6 in Hamilton.
Officers inspected the vehicle and located 116,400 contraband cigarettes.
The driver, 56 year old Mississauga man Mahmoud Al Zarif, has been charged with trafficking contraband tobacco.
Photos courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Two Mississauga Men Charged with Trafficking Contraband Tobacco
- Mississauga man charged in connection with contraband cigarette operation
- Are Contraband Cigarettes Fuelling Organized Crime in Mississauga?
- Mississauga woman charged after allegedly using drone to smuggle contraband into correctional facility
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Report of man with knife prompts hold and secure at school in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 22
- Ontario to announce fall COVID-19 plan today