Massive Number of Contraband Cigarettes Seized from Mississauga Man
A Mississauga resident has been charged after police seized a large number of contraband cigarettes during a routine traffic stop.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported around 7:30 p.m. that police stopped a male driver on Highway 6 in Hamilton.
Officers inspected the vehicle and located 116,400 contraband cigarettes.
The driver, 56 year old Mississauga man Mahmoud Al Zarif, has been charged with trafficking contraband tobacco.
Photos courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Two Mississauga Men Charged with Trafficking Contraband Tobacco
- Are Contraband Cigarettes Fuelling Organized Crime in Mississauga?
- Mississauga man charged in connection with contraband cigarette operation
- Mississauga woman charged after allegedly using drone to smuggle contraband into correctional facility
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga