Massive Number of Contraband Cigarettes Seized from Mississauga Man
A Mississauga resident has been charged after police seized a large number of contraband cigarettes during a routine traffic stop.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported around 7:30 p.m. that police stopped a male driver on Highway 6 in Hamilton.
Officers inspected the vehicle and located 116,400 contraband cigarettes.
The driver, 56 year old Mississauga man Mahmoud Al Zarif, has been charged with trafficking contraband tobacco.
Photos courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Mississauga Set to Welcome $40 Million Park
- Get Ready for Some Brutally Cold Weather in Mississauga
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga