Massive Number of Contraband Cigarettes Seized from Mississauga Man
A Mississauga resident has been charged after police seized a large number of contraband cigarettes during a routine traffic stop.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported around 7:30 p.m. that police stopped a male driver on Highway 6 in Hamilton.
Officers inspected the vehicle and located 116,400 contraband cigarettes.
The driver, 56 year old Mississauga man Mahmoud Al Zarif, has been charged with trafficking contraband tobacco.
Photos courtesy of Ontario Provincial Police
- Two Mississauga Men Charged with Trafficking Contraband Tobacco
- Are Contraband Cigarettes Fuelling Organized Crime in Mississauga?
- Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged in Huge Drug Trafficking Ring
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots