Massive Holiday Street Market Coming to Mississauga
This holiday season, there will be no need for you to visit the Christmas market in The Distillery District (unless, of course, you want to) because Mississauga has some very, very cool and festive events on tap.
This year, for the first time ever, Mississauga is launching a pop-up Holiday Street Market presented by insauga.com in parternership with Philip Suos, the founder and festival director of the Junk Food Festival and Toronto's Mac and Cheese Festival.
This will be the city's biggest holiday market ever and there will be activities to suit a variety of tastes.
"We're working in conjunction with the Light Up the Square event," says Suos. "Admission will be free all day and the market will be open from noon to 11:00 p.m.
The market, which will take place on Nov. 19 at Celebration Square, will happily coincide with the Square's annual tree lighting event.
In terms of activities, attendees can expect a full street market filled with artisan vendors selling everything from gingerbread cookies to hot apple cider to one-of-a-kind gifts and crafts that you can't get anywhere else.
There will also be food trucks, a carousel, Santa's workshop (so the little ones can take pictures with St. Nick), complimentary hot chocolate, a marshmallow firepit, a reindeer pitstop with live reindeer that you can pet, a Settlers of Catan competition (for the festive gamers amongst us), cooking classes and a heated Escape Winter Lounge.
If you want to complement the wholesome festivities with a decidedly adult beverage, you can—alcoholic and non-alcoholic hot cider prepared in a cauldron will be available.
"The event will be good for everyone. There will be board games and cooking classes and a section where you write holiday cards," says Suos. "These things are for everyone."
The market will take place on Saturday, Nov. 19 at Celebration Square at 12:00 p.m.
If you are a vendor interested in participating in the event, please contact Philip Suos at philip [at] holidaystreetmarket [dot] com
To keep up-to-date with the event go to the Facebook events page.
Stay tuned to insauga.com for more info!
- Mississauga's First Ever Massive Holiday Street Market is Happening This Weekend
- PHOTOS: Holiday Street Market & Light Up the Square at Celebration Square
- Artisan Christmas Market Set to Hit Mississauga
- Major Holiday Market Returning to Mississauga This Month
- Huge Christmas Market Happening Minutes From Mississauga Very Soon
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, outdoor activities, vaccines for children – May 14, 2021
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- One Mississauga postal code rises to 22% COVID-19 positivity rate