Massive Condo Project in Clarkson in Progress
Development for one of Mississauga's newest condominium projects, the Craftsman Condominium Residences, is well underway.
(Cover shot: Rendering of The Craftsman, image courtesy of VANDYK Group of Companies)
Located on Lakeshore Road, the project aims to bring the artistry of acclaimed architect Frank Lloyd Wright to the city's Clarkson Village.
A full year since the project's groundbreaking ceremony in June 2015, the massive, 4.4 acre site has become busy with construction and excavation.
Shoring work for the four-storey condominium community is continuing to progress at the northeast edge of the site, while excavation has begun at the southwest portion of the site.
Drilling and forming of the site’s 337 1-metre wide drilled concrete caissons are coming close to completion.
A soldier pile and lagging shoring system is in place on the south and west sides, and the site's dewatering system has also been installed.
Bulk excavation for the development’s parking structure and basement levels will continue over the next few months, after which development will climb back to street level.
The project will add 299 new homes to the area, with units ranging in size between 602 and 1750 square feet. Homes will come with 1-3 bedrooms and pricing starts in the $300,000s.
The Craftsman is being designed by SMV Architects and developed by the VANDYK Group of Companies.
How it looks today. Aerial view of the site, image by urbantoronto.ca Forum contributor Jasonzed
- New condo proposed for site of Beer Store location in Mississauga
- Renowned Architect Set to Work on Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- City Hosts Open House on Massive Development Project in Mississauga
- Luxurious penthouse condominium units coming to Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton reporting record high COVID-19 cases today