Massive Condo Project in Clarkson in Progress
Development for one of Mississauga's newest condominium projects, the Craftsman Condominium Residences, is well underway.
(Cover shot: Rendering of The Craftsman, image courtesy of VANDYK Group of Companies)
Located on Lakeshore Road, the project aims to bring the artistry of acclaimed architect Frank Lloyd Wright to the city's Clarkson Village.
A full year since the project's groundbreaking ceremony in June 2015, the massive, 4.4 acre site has become busy with construction and excavation.
Shoring work for the four-storey condominium community is continuing to progress at the northeast edge of the site, while excavation has begun at the southwest portion of the site.
Drilling and forming of the site’s 337 1-metre wide drilled concrete caissons are coming close to completion.
A soldier pile and lagging shoring system is in place on the south and west sides, and the site's dewatering system has also been installed.
Bulk excavation for the development’s parking structure and basement levels will continue over the next few months, after which development will climb back to street level.
The project will add 299 new homes to the area, with units ranging in size between 602 and 1750 square feet. Homes will come with 1-3 bedrooms and pricing starts in the $300,000s.
The Craftsman is being designed by SMV Architects and developed by the VANDYK Group of Companies.
How it looks today. Aerial view of the site, image by urbantoronto.ca Forum contributor Jasonzed
- Renowned Architect Set to Work on Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- City Hosts Open House on Massive Development Project in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening With a Massive Redevelopment Project in Mississauga
- Major Development Moves Forward in Mississauga
- Massive Waterfront Development is Underway in Mississauga Near Port Credit
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021