Major $1.3 million drug bust, over 400 charges laid in Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto and London
Published August 10, 2022 at 1:17 pm
Twenty-two people from Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto and London are facing charges following a large joint-forces gun and drug bust headed by York Regional Police.
York police say the large-scale gun and drug trafficking network extended across Ontario and into the United States.
“In October 2021, police began investigating an individual whom they believed was trafficking controlled substances,” said police. “As the investigation progressed, a number of suspects based out of Brampton and London were identified as being involved in the distribution of cocaine, fentanyl, and firearms.”
Investigators identified suspects who are accused of illicitly importing firearms from the United States into Canada, including firearms believed to have been brought through Walpole Island First Nation on the border of Ontario and Port Huron, Michigan.
Search warrants were executed at 22 residences, two businesses and 19 vehicles in Brampton, Toronto and London.
Investigators seized 27 handguns, 17 prohibited magazines, 300+ rounds of ammunition, nine kilograms of cocaine, 1.5 kilograms of fentanyl, 20,146 Xanax pills, 28 grams of heroin and 41.5 pounds of cannabis, $155,242 in Canadian currency, $9,000 in United States currency, and five vehicles as proceeds of crime.
The combined total street value of the seized drugs is more than $1.3 million, according to police.
The 10-month investigation resulted in 22 people arrested and more than 400 charges laid for trafficking and possession, among other offences.
The following people have been charged:
- Edward DOOLEY, 32, of Toronto
- Roaul HARVEY, 27, of Brampton
- Hugh Clive REID, 47, of Brampton
- Tyrone Andrae AYTON, 45, of London
- Camille ELLIS, 44, of London
- Dejohn MENZIE, 26, of Brampton
- Naptali Howard PETERKIN, 36, of Brampton
- Shivon GRANT, 29, of Mississauga
- Akeem BENJAMIN, 24, of Brampton
- Camar PARKES, 30, of Toronto
- Derron BENNETT, 35, of Brampton
- Nikota MARTIN, 37, of Toronto
- Aston BELL, 64, of London
- Jason BARTLETT, 44, of Brampton
- Cassius WHITE, 47, of Brampton
- Omar HANSON, 46, of Brampton
- Ricardo SCARLETT, 42, of Toronto
- Jamar LEWIS, 33, of Brampton
- Christopher DAWES, 25, of Brampton
- Jahmarrie COHEN, 31, of Brampton
- Marlon FAULKNER, 41, of London
- Boran, BALCI, 22, of Toronto
The joint-forces operation, dubbed “Project Monarch”, included investigators from York Regional Police, OPP Organized Crime Enforcement Bureau and Provincial Weapons Enforcement Unit, Peel Regional Police, the London Police Service, Homeland Security Investigations, the Canada Border Services Agency and was supported by Criminal Intelligence Service Ontario.
York police say the investigation is ongoing, and have asked anyone with further information to contact investigators at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7753.
All photos supplied York Regional Policeinsauga's Editorial Standards and Policies