Mario's Taking Over Google Maps in Mississauga!
It’s-a me, Mario!
That’s a name you’ve undoubtedly heard, whether you’re a major Nintendo fanboy or someone who doesn’t care much for video games in general. But did you know today is actually National Mario Day?
That’s right, March 10 (or MAR10 for short) is officially the day to commemorate the iconic plumber in red, and Google is celebrating in a special way.
For this week only, anyone using the Google Maps app can get Mario to pop up on the screen, driving along the map in a go-kart.
A few simple steps: First, make sure Maps is updated. Then tap on the yellow “?” icon on the bottom right and select “Let’s-a go!” when prompted. At that point, the usual navigation arrow will turn into Mario himself. It should look like this:
That’s all there is to it! So if you were planning on staying home today, you now have a great excuse to pull up Google Maps and hit the road. Just watch out for those pesky blue shells.
Happy Mario Day!
Images courtesy of the Google Canada Blog
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- IKEA Canada reopens stores in Ontario
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River