Marilyn Monroe Towers Honouring Humboldt Broncos in Mississauga
It looks like almost every town and city across Canada is taking the time to honour the 15 men and boys who succumbed to their injuries following the horrific Humboldt Broncos bus crash north of Tisdale, Saskatchewan and Mississauga is no different.
Tonight (April 10), Absolute World (better known as the Marilyn Monroe towers) will continue to honour the victims by displaying green and yellow lighting.
Photo courtesy of Absolute World’s official Facebook page
“Tonight to show our support to those affected by the Humboldt Broncos tragedy our lights have been changed to Green and Yellow,” Absolute World wrote on its official Facebook page.
The lights were also green and yellow on April 9.
At approximately 5 p.m. on April 7, a semi-trailer unit collided with a passenger bus carrying members of the hockey team on Highway #35, approximately 30 kilometres north of Tisdale.
The RCMP has since confirmed that 15 people lost their lives in the crash, including Parker Tobin, 18 (he was initially misidentified as Xavier Labelle, who is still alive), Brody Hinz, 18, Darcy Haugan, 42, Logan Schatz, 20, Adam Herold, 16, Jaxon Joseph, 20, Mark Cross, 27, Tyler Bieber, 29, Stephen Wack, 21, Logan Hunter, 18, Conner Lukan, 21, Glen Doerksen, Evan Thomas, 18, Jacob Leicht, 19 and Logan Boulet, 21.
The CBC reports that 12 other victims remain in hospital, four of which are in critical condition.
The City of Mississauga also lowered its flags to half-mast to honour the victims.
Our flags are at half-mast to honour the lives lost in the Humboldt Broncos tragedy. Our thoughts are with the Humboldt community at this difficult time.— City of Mississauga (@citymississauga) April 10, 2018
On the day of the crash, the city decided to light the Civic Centre Clock Tower green and gold to commemorate the lives lost, adding that “Mississauga mourns with the Humboldt community.”
The Port Credit Lighthouse was also lit in green and yellow to honour the victims of the tragic crash.
Cover photo courtesy of @gualdjouma
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2 mil family home with impressive kitchen
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Here's How Mississauga is Honouring the Humboldt Broncos
- Mississauga Set to Honour Victims of Danforth Shooting in Toronto
- Here's How Mississauga is Honouring Victims of the Toronto Van Attack
- Marilyn Monroe Condos Lighting Up Mississauga in October
- UPDATE: Brampton Family of Six Identified as Victims of Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash