32-hour all night marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
The Region of Peel is promising fun surprises, giveaways and special guests at Doses After Dark 32-hour marathon vaccination clinic in Mississauga.
Beginning at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 15, and lasting until 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Peel residents over the age of 18 will be able to get their first COVID-19 vaccination.
The event is being held at the International Centre in Mississauga, 6900 Airport Road.
“I’m calling on all our residents age 18 and over to help fill these overnight spots at Doses After Dark,” said Dr. Lawrence Loh, Peel Medical Officer of Health. “Let’s do everything we can, together, to keep the momentum going in Peel and reach our goal of 75 per cent first dose coverage in our community even sooner than previously anticipated.”
The goal of the marathon clinic is to vaccinate more than 7,600 people, including 5,000 during the overnight hours. This will be the most vaccines administered at a single clinic since the start of the Region’s campaign.
As of May 7, a total of 638,602 vaccine doses have been administered in Peel and another 150,000 doses are expected in the coming week alone. Peel has administered a first dose to 612,128 individuals, and 26,474 have been fully vaccinated (two doses). As of May 6, 44 per cent of adults aged 18 and older who live in Peel have received at least one vaccine dose.
Peel residents will be able to book appointments for the Doses After Dark event beginning tomorrow, May 11.
For more information, visit peelregion.ca.
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark
- Doses after Dark clinic now open to Brampton and Mississauga workers
- Nearly 5,000 Mississauga and Brampton residents vaccinated at "Doses After Dark"
- Brampton Soccer Centre vaccination clinic can deliver 500 doses an hour
- Province on track to administer COVID-19 doses to 65 per cent of residents by end of May
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot