Many Canadian entrepreneurs optimistic about the future: survey
Despite the fact much of Canada is still experiencing restrictions related to the second wave of COVID-19, many entrepreneurs are feeling hopeful for the future.
According to a survey from the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), many entrepreneurs are feeling confident in the economy, business and hiring outlooks, as well as investment plans over the next 12 months.
Additionally, based on the findings, a growing number of business owners plan to invest more in 2021 than they did in 2020.
According to the findings, this increase in investment intention is largely due to an increase in business confidence, as well as an improved sales outlook.
Further, the results indicate there are nearly as many optimistic entrepreneurs--35 per cent--as there are pessimistic entrepreneurs--36 per cent.
“It’s been a difficult year, and although these are the most positive results we’ve seen since the start of the health crisis, we think business spending will remain weak in the upcoming months,” Pierre Cleroux, vice president of Research and Chief Economist for the BDC, said in a news release.
“Our survey paints a picture of an economy that will be in a slow but sustained recovery. We’re happy to be moving on to 2021," he continued.
Moreover, of those who plan on investing, more than half--53 per cent--intend to invest in intangible assets, such as software, marketing, or employee training.
- Many entrepreneurs’ mental health suffering due to pandemic: survey
- Canadian entrepreneurs working to make businesses more environmentally friendly
- Many business owners starting to see light at the end of a 12-month-long tunnel
- One-third of Canadian business owners ready to move on
- More than half of entrepreneurs believe businesses in their area are in crisis: survey
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial