Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police located weapons and drugs at a Mississauga motel on Sunday.
On Sunday July 16, 2017, Strategic and Tactical Enforcement Policing (S.T.E.P.) officers investigated a Toronto resident at a motel in the area of Britannia Road and Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
Subsequently, police seized a loaded handgun, extra ammunition, and a quantity of crack cocaine.
Yvenord Hyacinthe, 35, of Toronto, was charged with drug and firearms offences.
Hyacinthe was held for a bail hearing in Brampton on Monday, July 17, 2017.
S.T.E.P. partners with the government's Provincial Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy (P.A.V.I.S.), which provides assistance to police services across Ontario to root out criminal gangs and taking illegal guns off our streets.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to the possession of illegal firearms is asked to call the Street Crime Gang Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 7704. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Ontario Racquet Club in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Affected by Serious Privacy Breach
- Here’s How Much House Prices Have Fallen in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Suspect Charged After Guns and Drugs Seized From Mississauga Home
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Numerous Gun and Drug Related Offences
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs