Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police located weapons and drugs at a Mississauga motel on Sunday.
On Sunday July 16, 2017, Strategic and Tactical Enforcement Policing (S.T.E.P.) officers investigated a Toronto resident at a motel in the area of Britannia Road and Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
Subsequently, police seized a loaded handgun, extra ammunition, and a quantity of crack cocaine.
Yvenord Hyacinthe, 35, of Toronto, was charged with drug and firearms offences.
Hyacinthe was held for a bail hearing in Brampton on Monday, July 17, 2017.
S.T.E.P. partners with the government's Provincial Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy (P.A.V.I.S.), which provides assistance to police services across Ontario to root out criminal gangs and taking illegal guns off our streets.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to the possession of illegal firearms is asked to call the Street Crime Gang Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 7704. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Suspect Charged After Guns and Drugs Seized From Mississauga Home
- Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot