Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police located weapons and drugs at a Mississauga motel on Sunday.
On Sunday July 16, 2017, Strategic and Tactical Enforcement Policing (S.T.E.P.) officers investigated a Toronto resident at a motel in the area of Britannia Road and Hurontario Street in Mississauga.
Subsequently, police seized a loaded handgun, extra ammunition, and a quantity of crack cocaine.
Yvenord Hyacinthe, 35, of Toronto, was charged with drug and firearms offences.
Hyacinthe was held for a bail hearing in Brampton on Monday, July 17, 2017.
S.T.E.P. partners with the government's Provincial Anti-Violence Intervention Strategy (P.A.V.I.S.), which provides assistance to police services across Ontario to root out criminal gangs and taking illegal guns off our streets.
Anyone who may have information pertaining to the possession of illegal firearms is asked to call the Street Crime Gang Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 7704. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Suspect Charged After Guns and Drugs Seized From Mississauga Home
- Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Starbucks shuts down two Brampton locations because of COVID-19