Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Sexual Exploitation Charges
A Toronto secondary school teacher who once worked at a Mississauga high school has been arrested in connection with a luring and sexual exploitation investigation.
Toronto police report that on Thursday, Oct. 12, investigators from the Toronto Police Service Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Bloor Street West and Landsdowne Avenue area of Toronto.
Officers arrested 46-year-old Gerard McGilly and charged him with a host of alleged offenses, including luring a child under 18, sexual exploitation, making child pornography, possessing child pornography and more.
Police say McGilly is a secondary school teacher for the Toronto Catholic District School Board and is currently teaching at Bishop Allen Academy in Toronto (2008-present). He previously taught at the Bishop Morrocco / Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School in Toronto (2007 and 2008).
McGilly was once employed by the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board and has worked as an education assistant at St Francis Xavier Secondary School in Mississauga (1995-2000).
He has also been previously employed as an administrative assistant at St. Francis Table, a community outreach centre, in Toronto (2000-2006).
Police say McGilly uses various usernames online, including thepoppaship, poppaship, mrmcteacher, G-Note/G Note and massive reggae/massivereggae
The investigation is ongoing.
Police urge anyone who may have had inappropriate contact with the accused to notify investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sex Crimes - Child Exploitation Section at 416-808-8500.
- PHOTOS: Trillium Health Partners building temporary pandemic response unit in Mississauga
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Police searching for two suspects in connection to a home invasion in Mississauga
- Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Host of Sexual Exploitation Charges
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Toronto Police Arrest Alleged Child Predator With Connection To Peel Region
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To A Child Luring Investigation
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation