Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Host of Sexual Exploitation Charges
More alleged victims have come forward following the arrest of a secondary school teacher—who once worked at a Mississauga high school—in connection with a luring and sexual exploitation investigation.
Toronto police report that two more young girls have come forward to accuse 46-year-old Gerard McGilly, a Toronto teacher, of sexual exploitation.
On Thursday, Oct. 12, investigators from the Toronto Police Service Child Exploitation Section executed a search warrant in the Bloor Street West and Landsdowne Avenue area of Toronto and charged McGilly with a host of alleged offenses, including luring a child under 18, sexual exploitation, making child pornography, possessing child pornography and more.
Police now say it's been alleged that between September 2015 and June 2017, the accused used social media platforms to inappropriately communicate with a girl. He allegedly sent the victim pornographic images and engaged in inappropriate sexual contact with her on several occasions.
Police say his username was “thepirateubuddha.”
Police also say that McGilly used social media platforms to "inappropriately communicate with a girl" in May of this year.
McGilly is a secondary school teacher for the Toronto Catholic District School Board and was currently teaching at Bishop Allen Academy in Toronto at the time of his arrest.
He previously taught at the Bishop Morrocco/Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School in Toronto (2007 and 2008) and was once employed by the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board. He worked as an education assistant at St Francis Xavier Secondary School in Mississauga (1995-2000).
Police say McGilly uses various usernames online, including thepoppaship, poppaship, mrmcteacher, G-Note/G Note and massive reggae/massivereggae
On Thursday, Nov. 30, McGilly was arrested and charged with additional offenses relating to the victims who just came forward, including two counts of luring a child under 18, attempting sexual exploitation, child pornography-related offences and more.
Police say they are concerned there may be other victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Man Who Worked at Mississauga High School Facing Sexual Exploitation Charges
- Mississauga High School Teacher Charged in Connection with Sexual Assault
- Teacher Who Taught in Mississauga Facing Sexual Assault Charges
- Mississauga Man Facing Child Sexual Abuse Charges
- Child Sexual Exploitation on the Rise in Brampton and Mississauga