Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents in Mississauga
Police are seeking one suspect involved in multiple incidents of fraud in Mississauga.
The incidents are described by police as follows:
On November 4, 2018, the suspect reportedly persuaded a 70 year old Brampton man to get a home security monitoring system. “In order to complete the security job, the victim was told to give the suspect two brand new cell phones and the victim's laptop. The items were never returned to the victim,” police say.
In early 2019, the suspect met with a 64 year old Toronto woman at a bingo hall in Mississauga. In July, the suspect allegedly advised the victim of a used vehicle he had for sale. Police say the victim paid a partial deposit to the suspect but was unable to receive the vehicle or her money back.
On July 9, 2019, the suspect met with a 33 year old Mississauga woman at a bingo hall in Mississauga. The suspect reportedly persuaded her to buy two new cellphones and hand them over to the suspect to be unlocked. “The victim was unable to get her phones or money back,” police say.
The following day on July 10, the suspect met with a 64 year old Mississauga woman at a bingo hall in Mississauga. The suspect again allegedly persuaded her to buy a new cellphone and hand it over to the suspect to be unlocked, and the victim was unable to get her phones or money back.
The suspect is identified as 50 year old Toronto man Thomas Henry Ogden.
He is described as an Indigenous male, 5’6”, with a thin build, short black hair, brown eyes, and glasses.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 1233.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Multiple Fraud Incidents In Mississauga
- UPDATED: Victim Identified in Early Morning Mississauga Shooting, Suspect Wanted
- Police Seeking Suspect in Mississauga Sex Assault
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Victim Hits Suspect Trying to Steal Bag in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods
- Police investigating possible shooting in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga