Man wanted for allegedly impersonating Hamilton police officer
Hamilton Police say they’re investigating a report of a suspicious male impersonating a police officer.
Shortly before 12:30 a.m. on Friday, May 7, a resident was travelling on the Lincoln Alexander Parkway near Upper Gage Avenue when he noticed a dark SUV with activated emergency lights that were mounted inside the front windshield, directly behind him.
“He immediately pulled over to the side of the road and observed a male dressed in clothing similar to a police officer exit the vehicle,” said police.
“Once the individual was near the driver's side door, the driver obtained a clear view of the individual and felt that his clothing and appearance did not resemble a Hamilton Police Officer.”
The driver immediately left the scene and contacted the police.
Police have confirmed that the male in question was not a police officer.
The suspect is described as a white male, 25 to 30 years old, 6 feet, with brown hair.
He was wearing a blue short sleeve shirt (similar to that worn by Hamilton Police Cadet), black jeans, two "silver ball" earrings in each ear (one small and one large), and a gold badge with a star saying "Police".
His vehicle is described as a black Ford SUV interceptor with front ram bar, tires and rims similar to a Hamilton Police vehicle, and red and blue light strips approximately 12 inches long with a total of four, two stacked on top of one another.
Anyone who may have experienced a similar circumstance is asked to contact police.
“Hamilton Police recognize the public’s trust in the police is very important and incidents like this can cause the community to second guess a police officer’s identity. If you are questioning whether the person you are dealing with is an officer, ask them for their badge number and contact police for confirmation,” said police.
- Police Warning Public About Suspect Impersonating Police Officer in Mississauga and Brampton
- Male and police officer taken to hospital after overnight incident in Mississauga
- Hamilton police say an officer has tested positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Hitting and Dragging Police Officer with Vehicle
- Hunt on for Suspect Impersonating Peel Police Officer in Mississauga
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Breaking out in a mysterious rash? Mississauga's gypsy moth may be the problem