Man Shot in the Neck in Mississauga
A 27-year-old man is in a trauma centre after being shot in the neck in Mississauga overnight Thursday.
There's "no suspect info, no vehicle info," said Peel Regional Police Const. Sarah Patten.
It happened outside of an apartment in the city's southwest end.
Emergency crews were sent to 3570 Colonial Dr., near Ridgeway Dr. and Burnhamthorpe Rd., at 12:42 a.m.
Paramedics treated the victim before transporting him to a Toronto hospital in serious but stable condition.
The windshield of a nearby BMW had bullet holes.
"We always are appealing for witnesses" or video footage, said Patten.
Investigators will likely be canvassing the area today.
Anyone with information can call 905-453-2121 ext. 1133 or Crime Stoppers 1-800-222-8477.
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga votes to allow Hindu temples to temporarily broadcast hymns