Man seriously injured in shooting in Mississauga
A man has been seriously injured in a shooting in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say one male was reportedly shot in the Bloor St. and Cawthra Rd. area on Aug. 21.
Police say the victim is being transported to hospital in serious condition.
Westbound and eastbound Bloor St. is shut down between Cawthra Rd. and Vermouth.
Police say evidence that a firearm was discharged has been located.
A call regarding the incident came in around 3:30 pm.
Police no additional information is available at this time.
Police say initial reports suggest that occupants from one vehicle were shooting at another vehicle. According to police, the suspect vehicle has fled the area.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 905-453-3311 x1233.
- Police Looking for Suspects After Victim Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Police seeking assistance from public in locating suspect connected to hit-and-run and shooting in Mississauga
- Police looking for vehicle involved in shooting incident in Mississauga
- Police Officer Injured During Stolen Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspect Vehicle After Young Man Shot in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville