Man Seriously Injured During Police Search
A man was seriously injured during a search warrant executed by police in his central Mississauga home.
The incident happened early this morning on Pedalina Drive in the area of Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue, according to a Mississauga News article.
Peel Regional Police confirmed some of the details in a tweet: "While at the residence, there was an interaction with a person who was injured."
Further concerns, such as how the man was injured or what police were searching for, are not being commented on by police at this time.
The case is being handled by the Special Investigations Unit, which determines whether officers should be charged in police situations that lead to injuries or deaths. Keep watching for any further updates.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Police Officer Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Police Cruiser in Mississauga
- Special Investigations Unit Charges Peel Police Officer
- SIU Clears Peel Police After Mississauga Man Charged in Murder Case
- PHOTOS: Police ID Suspect After Officer Injured in Carjacking
- SIU Clears Peel Police Officer in Mississauga Taser Case