Man Pronounced Dead After Collision at Major Mississauga Intersection
Officers are on scene investigating a fatal crash this morning.
Police report that at 4:37 a.m., a vehicle with two occupants struck a pole at the intersection of Central Parkway and Eglinton Avenue East.
One victim, a male in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police took the driver, a 21 year old male with an excess blood alcohol concentration, into custody. He was taken to a local hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Central Parkway was closed in both directions between Eglinton and Bud Gregory Boulevard.
The Major Collisions Bureau is investigating.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact 905-453-3311, ext. 3710.
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28