Man Pronounced Dead After Collision at Major Mississauga Intersection
Officers are on scene investigating a fatal crash this morning.
Police report that at 4:37 a.m., a vehicle with two occupants struck a pole at the intersection of Central Parkway and Eglinton Avenue East.
One victim, a male in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police took the driver, a 21 year old male with an excess blood alcohol concentration, into custody. He was taken to a local hospital with non life threatening injuries.
Central Parkway was closed in both directions between Eglinton and Bud Gregory Boulevard.
The Major Collisions Bureau is investigating.
Any witnesses to this incident are asked to contact 905-453-3311, ext. 3710.
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- Water main break creates nightmare commute through Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga