Man on Mobility Scooter Killed by GO Train in Mississauga
A man in his sixties has sadly passed away after he was struck by a westbound GO train in southeast Mississauga.
The incident happened Saturday around 10:45 p.m. at Revus Avenue in Lakeview, the Mississauga News reports. Police are working to identify the victim.
The man crossed the tracks in his four-wheel mobility scooter. Metrolinx spokesperson Anne Marie Aikins told The News that the collision might have been caused by the scooter getting caught in the tracks.
According to Aikins, the train operators saw the man on the tracks but, despite their efforts, were not able to stop in time.
The train, which had 250 people onboard at the time of the incident, was delayed for about three hours due to the police investigation. The tracks have since reopened.
Police are continuing to investigate.
- New York-Based Company Opens Pop-Up Shop at Square One in Mississauga
- Paramedics Treating Male with Gunshot Wound in Mississauga
- It’s Going to be a Relatively Warm Week in Mississauga (Dec. 17 – Dec. 23)
- Police Identify Three Suspects After Man Injured in Shooting in Mississauga
- Collision Knocks Down Traffic Light at Major Mississauga Intersection
- GO Train Delayed in Mississauga Due to People Walking on the Tracks
- SUV Crashes Through Barrier and Hits Moving GO Train in Mississauga
- Pedestrian Struck by GO Train Halts Service in Mississauga
- GO Train Service Halted after Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Person Struck and Killed by GO Train in Mississauga