Man in critical condition following assault in Mississauga
A man has sustained potentially life-threatening injuries following an assault in Mississauga.
Peel police allege that an adult male was assaulted by one or more individuals who are known to him near a mall on South Gateway Road.
Police say the victim’s injuries are critical and possibly life-threatening. He has been taken to a trauma centre.
The plaza closed for investigation, but roads in the area remain open.
A call regarding the incident came in around 9:00 am.
UPDATE: Peel paramedics say the victim was transported to a trauma centre with a “blunt force” injury. Paramedics say his condition is considered life-threatening.
UPDATE: Police say the victim is in stable condition.
- Pedestrian in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Life-threatening injuries reported after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Driver Sustains Life-Threatening Injuries in Crash in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man in Critical Condition After Suspected Stabbing in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect