Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
Charges have been laid in relation to a recent human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In December, police say an investigation began into a 17-year-old female victim who had allegedly been exploited in the sex trade over a two-month period.
“The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result,” police say.
On Thursday, December 5, officers arrested 40 year old Toronto man Khumane Agil.
Agil is charged with:
- Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Receiving Benefit resulting from Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Exercising Control Over a Prostitute under 18
- Deriving Benefit from Sexual Services under 18
- Utter threats x2
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on Friday, December 6.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police arrest man in connection to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Human Trafficking Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Facing Several Charges for Human Trafficking
- Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder