Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
Charges have been laid in relation to a recent human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In December, police say an investigation began into a 17-year-old female victim who had allegedly been exploited in the sex trade over a two-month period.
“The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result,” police say.
On Thursday, December 5, officers arrested 40 year old Toronto man Khumane Agil.
Agil is charged with:
- Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Receiving Benefit resulting from Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Exercising Control Over a Prostitute under 18
- Deriving Benefit from Sexual Services under 18
- Utter threats x2
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on Friday, December 6.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Man Arrested in Human Trafficking Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga Residents Facing Several Charges for Human Trafficking
- Three People Charged in Human Trafficking Investigation Involving Tinder
- Halton Police Arrest Mississauga Man For Human Trafficking