Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
Charges have been laid in relation to a recent human trafficking investigation in Mississauga.
In December, police say an investigation began into a 17-year-old female victim who had allegedly been exploited in the sex trade over a two-month period.
“The suspect exercised control over all aspects of the victim's life and profited as a result,” police say.
On Thursday, December 5, officers arrested 40 year old Toronto man Khumane Agil.
Agil is charged with:
- Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Receiving Benefit resulting from Trafficking in Persons under 18
- Exercising Control Over a Prostitute under 18
- Deriving Benefit from Sexual Services under 18
- Utter threats x2
He appeared in court for a bail hearing on Friday, December 6.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Arrests made in Mississauga human trafficking investigation
- Police arrest man in connection to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Brother and sister arrested in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Human Trafficking Investigation in Mississauga
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- York Region shares list of box stores fined over violations of COVID-19 rules
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police