Man Facing Charges Following Theft from LCBO in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with an alleged theft incident that occurred at an LCBO location in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, Jan. 21, 2019, the suspect went to a liquor store in the Dundas Street and Mavis Road area and allegedly placed several bottles of alcohol in a duffle bag.
Police allege the suspect bypassed the cashiers and exited the store.
Employees at the store subsequently contacted police. Police say officers located the suspect in a taxicab near the store where the incident took place.
Police say Ahmed Ahmed, 25, was charged with five counts of theft under $5,000, 16 counts of breach of probation and four counts of breach of recognizance. Police also say that three arrest warrants were executed.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court on Jan. 22, 2019.
Any witnesses or anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Police Looking for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- WANTED: Police Still Searching for Mississauga Theft Suspect
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Suspect From Mississauga Facing Charges in Relation to Massive Drug Trafficking Incident
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Breaking out in a mysterious rash? Mississauga's gypsy moth may be the problem
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged