Man facing charges after five-month investigation into Mississauga shooting
Police have laid charges against a Mississauga man in relation to a shooting earlier this year.
Around 6:43 p.m. on Saturday, February 22, police responded to reports of a male shot in the parking lot of a business at Mavis and Britannia.
“The initial investigation revealed that a struggle ensued between the victim and one of the suspects,” said police. “The suspect brandished a firearm and shot the victim.”
The victim underwent surgery and is recovering from his injuries.
Officers executed multiple search warrants throughout the five-month investigation and learned that the suspect had allegedly fled the country, leading investigators to work with the International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL).
Police say the suspect later returned to the country.
On Sunday, July 19, 22 year old Mississauga man Shahid Todd was arrested and charged with:
- Attempted murder
- Aggravated assault
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Point firearm
- Discharge firearm with intent
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Occupant of a motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
Todd was held for a bail hearing to attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with further information regarding this incident is asked to call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Police searching for suspects who fled after male shot in Mississauga
- Man arrested in relation to a shooting investigation in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga
- Brampton police investigation leads to 5 people facing firearms, kidnapping charges
- Impaired driving call leads police to seize loaded firearm in Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic