Man Dies After Being Tasered by Police in Mississauga
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is investigating an incident in which a 34-year-old man died after being tasered by police in Mississauga.
The SIU says that at approximately 9:00 p.m. on Sept. 10, 2019, Peel Regional Police officers arrived at a residence on Morningstar Drive in Malton for a domestic call.
At the residence, officers reportedly became involved in an interaction with a man, and the incident involved the use of a conducted energy weapon.
The SIU says the man's vital signs became absent and he was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Five investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this incident. The SIU says two subject officers and one witness officer have been designated.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information regarding this incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The SIU is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault.
- SIU Investigating Peel Police After Tasing Incident in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
- SIU Investigating After Man Seriously Injured During Alleged Square One Break-In in Mississauga
- SIU Investigating After Man Falls to his Death from Overpass in Mississauga
- SIU Officers Investigating Shooting and Manhunt in Mississauga