Man dies after being struck by vehicle at night in Mississauga
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Mississauga.
Peel police say that around 11:00 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020, a 43-year-old Toronto man was crossing the intersection at Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue West when he was struck by a vehicle travelling southbound on Mavis Road.
The victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported by paramedics to a trauma centre, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Police said the vehicle remained on scene.
Police are asking anyone with any information, video surveillance, or dashcam footage taken in or around the intersection between 10:40 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to please contact the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect new information.
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Life-threatening injuries reported after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Victim in Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga