Man dies after being struck by vehicle at night in Mississauga
Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in Mississauga.
Peel police say that around 11:00 pm on Tuesday, Aug. 25, 2020, a 43-year-old Toronto man was crossing the intersection at Mavis Road and Eglinton Avenue West when he was struck by a vehicle travelling southbound on Mavis Road.
The victim suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported by paramedics to a trauma centre, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Police said the vehicle remained on scene.
Police are asking anyone with any information, video surveillance, or dashcam footage taken in or around the intersection between 10:40 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to please contact the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated from its previous version to reflect new information.
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police seeking witnesses after motorcyclist fatally struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Life-threatening injuries reported after pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- Victim in Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga