Man charged with multiple offences after crashing into police cruisers in Mississauga
A 24-year-old Brampton man is facing numerous charges after allegedly ramming his vehicle into police cruisers in an attempt to evade arrest in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, a traffic stop was initiated at 11:10 p.m. at the Cawthra Rd. and Eastgate Pkwy. intersection.
Police allege the driver attempted to evade arrest by ramming his vehicle into the police cruisers in an attempt to break free.
Police say the suspect then made an attempt to escape on foot but was subsequently arrested by officers.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Police allege the arrest resulted in the recovery of a loaded Glock 23 pistol and crack cocaine.
The accused has been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, flight from police, possession for the purpose of trafficking and more.
The accused will appear in court on Jan. 7, 2020
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the Vice, Narcotics and Street Level Organized Crime Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 3515.
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Mississauga prohibits noisy cars after police issue hundreds of tickets
- UPDATE: Cyclist succumbs to injuries after collision in Mississauga