Man charged with multiple offences after crashing into police cruisers in Mississauga
A 24-year-old Brampton man is facing numerous charges after allegedly ramming his vehicle into police cruisers in an attempt to evade arrest in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Monday, Jan. 6, 2020, a traffic stop was initiated at 11:10 p.m. at the Cawthra Rd. and Eastgate Pkwy. intersection.
Police allege the driver attempted to evade arrest by ramming his vehicle into the police cruisers in an attempt to break free.
Police say the suspect then made an attempt to escape on foot but was subsequently arrested by officers.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Police allege the arrest resulted in the recovery of a loaded Glock 23 pistol and crack cocaine.
The accused has been charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, flight from police, possession for the purpose of trafficking and more.
The accused will appear in court on Jan. 7, 2020
Anyone with information pertaining to this matter is asked to contact the Vice, Narcotics and Street Level Organized Crime Unit at (905) 453-3311, ext. 3515.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
- Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police