Man charged with impaired driving after crash kills 19 year old in Mississauga
Charges have been laid following a recent fatal collision in Mississauga.
Just after midnight on Saturday, October 10, officers were called to the intersection of Hurontario Street and Mineola Road for a report of a three-vehicle crash.
Mississauga Fire and Peel Paramedics also attended.
Multiple people were injured and a 19 year old Mississauga man was pronounced dead at the scene.
“After the collision, one of the drivers attempted to flee the scene on foot but was arrested by attending officers,” said police. “He was taken to a local hospital, as was a woman who had been in his car, both with non-life-threatening injuries.”
A man and a woman from one of the other vehicles were treated at the scene for minor injuries and were not taken to hospital.
Peter Simms, a 46 year old man from Orangeville, has been charged with Operation While Impaired Causing Death, Dangerous Operation Causing Death, and Failure to Stop After Accident Resulting in Death.
Police say he has two previous convictions for Impaired Driving.
Simms was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton today.
"Making the choice to drive while impaired is inexcusable. Peel Regional Police will be relentless in our efforts to take impaired drivers off our roads,” said Deputy Chief Marc Andrews.
“Our hearts go out to this young victim and his family."
Photo: Peel Police handout
- Mississauga man charged in relation to fatal collision
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Brampton man facing numerous theft and assault charges after day-long crime spree in Owen Sound