Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
A man is facing charges after a gun was allegedly located during a traffic stop in Mississauga.
Peel police say that in the early morning hours of Sept. 10, 2020, officers stopped a vehicle in the Hurontario St. and QEW area and allegedly seized a 9mm Glock handgun, along with a quantity of ammunition.
Police say Asmerom Tsegay, a 29-year-old man from Mississauga, was arrested and charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a loaded firearm and more.
The accused was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Sept. 10, 2020.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-3311, ext. 1133.
- Four People Facing Charges After Gun Allegedly Found During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
- Man and woman facing multiple gun-related charges following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Three Charged With Firearm-Related Offences in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow