Man charged with breaking into 20 businesses in Mississauga
Police have recently made an arrest following a string of at least 20 break and enters in Mississauga.
During the late night hours between January 1, 2020 and February 11, 2020, police say 20 businesses were broken into in the area of Laird Road and Ridgeway Drive.
The suspect allegedly performed the break-ins by smashing the businesses’ glass fronts and doorways.
“The suspect targeted cash registers that were visible at these businesses. The total property damage amounted to just over $20,000 and excess of $15,000 in cash taken,” police say. “After an exhaustive and thorough investigation investigators executed a criminal search warrant.”
Shane Elliott, a 38 year old man of no fixed address, has been arrested and charged with 20 counts of break and enter.
He was held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Saturday, March 14.
Investigators believe Elliott is responsible for other incidents in the area, and are asking anyone with further information to contact them at 905-453-2121, ext. 1141.
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga residents make some noise for healthcare workers
- House of the Week: $5.5 Mil home with spectacular resort-style yard
- Another Suspect Charged Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Man arrested after string of break-ins and vehicle thefts in Mississauga and Brampton
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Man Arrested Following 18 Break Ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA