Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection following an alleged murder attempt in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Nov. 21, 2018, at 3:50 p.m., the victim was stabbed multiple times at a residence on Harrow Street.
Police say the suspect, who is related to the victim, stabbed her multiple times and fled the area in a vehicle.
The victim, a 60 year-old woman from Mississauga, was transported to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition.
As a result, a warrant for the arrest of 59 year-old Norman Tim Cormier from Hamilton was issued.
On Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm, the suspect was located and arrested with the assistance of the Hamilton Police Service.
The accused was charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault. He was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court on Nov. 23, 2018.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Vehicle fire breaks out on highway in Mississauga
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Suspect flees armed bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Man Wanted for Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder