Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection following an alleged murder attempt in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Nov. 21, 2018, at 3:50 p.m., the victim was stabbed multiple times at a residence on Harrow Street.
Police say the suspect, who is related to the victim, stabbed her multiple times and fled the area in a vehicle.
The victim, a 60 year-old woman from Mississauga, was transported to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition.
As a result, a warrant for the arrest of 59 year-old Norman Tim Cormier from Hamilton was issued.
On Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm, the suspect was located and arrested with the assistance of the Hamilton Police Service.
The accused was charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault. He was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court on Nov. 23, 2018.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Police Seeking Man Wanted for Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Connection with Attempted Detention Centre Murder
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 19 to 24
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths