Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection following an alleged murder attempt in Mississauga.
Peel police say that on Nov. 21, 2018, at 3:50 p.m., the victim was stabbed multiple times at a residence on Harrow Street.
Police say the suspect, who is related to the victim, stabbed her multiple times and fled the area in a vehicle.
The victim, a 60 year-old woman from Mississauga, was transported to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition.
As a result, a warrant for the arrest of 59 year-old Norman Tim Cormier from Hamilton was issued.
On Nov. 22, 2018 at 10:43 pm, the suspect was located and arrested with the assistance of the Hamilton Police Service.
The accused was charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault. He was held for a bail hearing and will appear in court on Nov. 23, 2018.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators from the 21 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Police Seeking Man Wanted for Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- Man charged with attempted murder after firing at vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two charged with first-degree murder after Hamilton stabbing victim dies
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga