Man charged with attempted murder after firing at vehicle in Mississauga
A man is facing attempted murder charges after allegedly firing at a vehicle in Mississauga.
Peel police say officers have arrested and charged a 28-year-old Ajax man with attempted murder in relation to an alleged shooting incident that occurred in September 2020.
Police say that on Sept. 24, a 39-year old man was parked in a plaza lot near Hurontario Street and Fairview Road when a vehicle entered the parking lot and an occupant began to discharge a firearm at his car. Police allege that the suspect continued to shoot at the victim as he fled, causing further damage to a nearby vehicle in the parking lot.
No injuries were reported in connection with the incident and investigators identified a suspect and issued a Canada-wide arrest warrant on Oct. 7, 2020.
Police say that on Jan. 31, 2021, investigators arrested and charged Ahmed Alda-Amsa with attempted murder at Toronto Pearson International Airport as he was returning to Canada from another country.
The accused was held pending a bail hearing on Feb. 1, 2021.
Anyone with any information about this incident can contact investigators at 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Man Arrested Two Years After Attempted Murder Incident in Mississauga
- 16-year-old charged with attempted murder in Mississauga
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Mississauga
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Toronto teen charged with attempted murder in Mississauga shooting
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Provinces full vaccination target may be hard to reach in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Ten sites in Mississauga will soon allow backyard chickens
- OPINION: It’s time for Doug Ford to stop deflecting and work towards reopening Brampton, Mississauga and Ontario
- Linen Chest coming to Square One in Mississauga