Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run in Mississauga
Police have charged a Brampton man in connection with a fail to remain collision that left one man dead in Mississauga.
On Wednesday, Aug. 2, at approximately 12:00 a.m., the accused was driving a grey Mazda sedan on Edwards Boulevard towards Topflight Drive. According to police, the vehicle struck 62-year-old Mississauga man Kasim Khurami, who was crossing the roadway as the car was turning.
On Aug. 4, 55-year-old Ramesh Banjara was charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing death and careless driving.
He was scheduled to appear for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who may have information regarding the actions of the driver or pedestrian prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Police Investigating After Pedestrian Dies in Mississauga
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Teen Charged After Mother and Toddler Killed in Collision in Mississauga
- Arrest Made in Connection to a Fatal Fail to Remain Collision
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga