Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run in Mississauga
Police have charged a Brampton man in connection with a fail to remain collision that left one man dead in Mississauga.
On Wednesday, Aug. 2, at approximately 12:00 a.m., the accused was driving a grey Mazda sedan on Edwards Boulevard towards Topflight Drive. According to police, the vehicle struck 62-year-old Mississauga man Kasim Khurami, who was crossing the roadway as the car was turning.
On Aug. 4, 55-year-old Ramesh Banjara was charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing death and careless driving.
He was scheduled to appear for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who may have information regarding the actions of the driver or pedestrian prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion