Man Charged in Fatal Hit and Run in Mississauga
Police have charged a Brampton man in connection with a fail to remain collision that left one man dead in Mississauga.
On Wednesday, Aug. 2, at approximately 12:00 a.m., the accused was driving a grey Mazda sedan on Edwards Boulevard towards Topflight Drive. According to police, the vehicle struck 62-year-old Mississauga man Kasim Khurami, who was crossing the roadway as the car was turning.
On Aug. 4, 55-year-old Ramesh Banjara was charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident causing death and careless driving.
He was scheduled to appear for a bail hearing today.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or who may have information regarding the actions of the driver or pedestrian prior to the collision.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- J-Pop Concert Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- One Male Injured Following Stabbing Incident in Mississauga
- A Flood Watch is Officially In Effect for Mississauga and Surrounding Cities
- ONE on ONE VIDEO: Newly Crowned Miss Universe Canada, Marta Stepien
- Man Charged in Fatal Mississauga Collision
- Police Investigating After Pedestrian Dies in Mississauga
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Man Charged After One Person Killed and Two Others Seriously Injured in Multiple GTA Collisions