Man charged in connection with Niagara-on-the-Lake hit-and-run death
A man has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run fatality that occurred in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., in early April.
Niagara Regional Police Service said Tuesday (June 22) that a 54-year-old man is charged with failure to remain at the scene of an accident, in connection with the death of 40-year-old Matthew Wilson. The name of the accused was not released. The investigation remains open.
On the morning of April 5, the Monday after the Easter weekend, NRPS officers and emergency officers went to the area of Lakeshore Road and McNab Road in regard to an assist-ambulance call. A dead man was found on the side of the road, at the location. Further investigation revealed that the male was struck by a vehicle.
Officers were able to identify the driver of truck by the following day.
NRPS (@NiagRegPolice) June 22, 2021
Anyone with information that might aid the investigation is asked to contact the Niagara Regional Police Service at 905-688-4111, ext.1009137. Information pertaining to any investigation can also be shared through Crime Stoppers of Niagara (1-800-222-TIPS or 1-800-222-8477, or online at crimestoppersniagara.ca.
- Road sign vandalism suspect(s) sought in Niagara Falls
- Pedestrian dead after being hit a car in Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Three charged in connection with fraud allegations at the District School Board of Niagara
- UPDATE: Missing Niagara-on-the-Lake man found
- Niagara Falls break-and-enter suspect's photo released by police
- One year old girl pulled from backyard pool without vital signs in Burlington
- Oldest theatre in Mississauga is closing permanently
- The controversial aircraft built and destroyed in Mississauga
- $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot win went to an Ontario ticket holder
- Popular Hamilton pizza and pasta restaurant coming to Mississauga