Man charged in connection with his wife's death in Mississauga
A man has been charged with second-degree murder in connection with the death of his wife, police say.
Peel police say that around 6:30 am on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020, officers received a call for a disturbance in the Galbraith Drive and Barwell Road area in Mississauga.
Police allege that officers arrived at the home and found a woman inside with apparent signs of trauma. The woman, who was in her fifties, was pronounced deceased on scene.
Police say officers located the victim's husband, 53-year-old Mississauga man Stephen Kerelchuk, at the scene.
He was arrested, charged and held for a bail hearing. He will appear in court today (Oct. 6).
Anyone with any information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3205.
- Police arrest single suspect in connection to murder in Mississauga
- Police Identify Woman Allegedly Killed by Husband in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Woman in Connection with High-Profile Murder Investigation
- Police Arrest Second Man Wanted in Connection with Murder of 18-Year-Old
- Police Arrest Two Men in Connection With Murder of Mississauga Man
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned