Man Charged Following Two Days of “Reckless” Driving in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling two days of "reckless and dangerous" driving.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 23, officers received a video reportedly showing a vehicle repeatedly driving through red lights and into opposing traffic lanes in southwest Mississauga.
Police say the video depicted a black Honda being operated by a driver "that showed complete disregard for the safety of all other motorists and pedestrians."
On Monday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 27, officers went to the the area to conduct enforcement and allegedly observed the suspect vehicle driving dangerously with speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Police say they were unable to attempt to stop the vehicle due to public safety concerns.
On Wednesday, March 28, officers—"utilizing numerous resources"—arrested and charged 53-year-old Kim Lui in the City of Burlington.
Police say the accused has been charged with three counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle, stunting and careless driving.
His vehicle was seized.
The accused will appear in court on Thursday, March 29 for a bail hearing.
Peel police say the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Halton Regional Police assisted during the investigation.
Police are reminding the public to report instances of unsafe driving through the force's Road Watch program.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact 11 Division Traffic Unit (905) 453-2121, ext. 1113.
- Police Seeking Assistance in Locating 5-Year-Old Boy
- Reports Suggest Hamilton Crime Boss Critically Injured in Mississauga Shooting
- Ontario Amber Alert Cancelled After Missing Mississauga Boy Found Safe
- BREAKING: Amber Alert issued For 5-Year-Old Boy Last Seen in Mississauga
- Popular Filipino Restaurant Shuts Down in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Police Investigating Following Dangerous Driving Incident in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Careless Driving