Man Charged Following Two Days of “Reckless” Driving in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is facing charges in connection with what police are calling two days of "reckless and dangerous" driving.
Peel police say that on Friday, March 23, officers received a video reportedly showing a vehicle repeatedly driving through red lights and into opposing traffic lanes in southwest Mississauga.
Police say the video depicted a black Honda being operated by a driver "that showed complete disregard for the safety of all other motorists and pedestrians."
On Monday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 27, officers went to the the area to conduct enforcement and allegedly observed the suspect vehicle driving dangerously with speeds in excess of 200 km/h.
Police say they were unable to attempt to stop the vehicle due to public safety concerns.
On Wednesday, March 28, officers—"utilizing numerous resources"—arrested and charged 53-year-old Kim Lui in the City of Burlington.
Police say the accused has been charged with three counts of dangerous operation of a vehicle, stunting and careless driving.
His vehicle was seized.
The accused will appear in court on Thursday, March 29 for a bail hearing.
Peel police say the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and Halton Regional Police assisted during the investigation.
Police are reminding the public to report instances of unsafe driving through the force's Road Watch program.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact 11 Division Traffic Unit (905) 453-2121, ext. 1113.
- Mississauga man charged after allegedly fleeing from police and driving on the wrong side of the highway
- Mississauga Man Charged After Allegedly Accusing Police Officers of Theft
- Police Investigating Following Dangerous Driving Incident in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Careless Driving
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021