Man charged following gunpoint carjacking in Mississauga
A 19-year-old man is facing charges in connection with a series of carjacking incidents in the GTA, including one in Mississauga.
Peel police say officers received a call regarding a gunpoint carjacking in the Tenth Line and Baron Drive area in the early morning hours of Jan. 29, 2020.
York Regional Police say two suspects operating a silver Honda Civic intentionally bumped into another vehicle, a Mercedes G-Wagon. Police allege the victim exited his vehicle and was approached by the accused, who was armed with a handgun.
Police say the victim turned his vehicle over and the suspects drove away. No physical injuries were reported in connection with the incident.
Police say the accused was also allegedly involved in a carjacking that took place on Sylvia Court in Markham on Friday, Nov. 22, 2019. Police say that officers called to the scene of that incident learned a male victim had been shot and that three male suspects, all wearing masks and black clothing, stole the victim's red Lamborghini SUV.
The victim was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
On Saturday, Nov. 23, 2019, an officer with the Ontario Provincial Police reportedly located the stolen vehicle in an industrial area on Commercial Road in Bolton.
York police say that on Monday, Nov. 25, 2019, officers were called to the Yonge Street and 407 area following a reported carjacking.
Police say that the victim, who was parked on Helen Avenue, was sitting in his vehicle when it was struck from behind by a dark-coloured vehicle.
Police allege that four male suspects wearing masks and black clothing got out, threatened the victim and demanded his keys. Police say the victim ran from the area and the suspects drove away in the victim's black Mercedes Benz SUV.
A short time later, officers with the Toronto Police Service reportedly located the stolen vehicle in a parking lot in the Sheppard Avenue and Don Mills Road area.
Through the investigation, officers linked the third incident in Mississauga to the same suspect.
On Feb. 11, investigators with the York Regional Police announced that officers have charged Faheer Mojassam, a 19-year-old Markham man, in connection with three carjacking robbery incidents.
The accused was arrested on Feb. 6. He has been charged with robbery with a firearm, robbery, aggravated assault, possession of property obtained by crime and more.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Hold-Up Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6630.
- Female victim hospitalized after carjacking in Brampton
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- Police searching for four suspects connected to carjacking in Mississauga
- Police searching for two suspects in connection to attempted carjacking in Mississauga
- Man arrested following carjacking in medical facility parking lot in Mississauga
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19