Man Charged After Idling Car Stolen in Brampton
A man is facing charges after allegedly stealing an idling car in Brampton.
Peel police say that on Dec. 13, 2018 at approximately 9:52 a.m., a 52 year-old man from Barrie left his car running in a parking lot at Ebenezer Road and Highway 50 while he went into a business to purchase a coffee.
Police allege a man entered the running vehicle and drove it away.
Police say that at 10:04 a.m., the stolen car was involved in a collision. After the crash, the driver reportedly exited the car and fled on foot.
The driver was arrested a short distance away by responding officers.
On Dec. 13, 2018, police charged 23-year-old Brampton man Andrew Nguyen was charged with theft of motor vehicle, possession of stolen property, flight from police and more.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Dec. 14, 2018.
Anyone with further information is asked to call investigators at the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2133.
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Here’s why Mississauga residents should vote strategically this election
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
- Driver Arrested With Stolen Property After Single-Vehicle Collision In Mississauga
- Peel Police Arrest Man for Crime Spree Across Several Regions