Man charged after fatally striking woman with his vehicle in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with an alleged hit and run incident that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police say that in the evening hours of Dec. 8, 2020, officers were called to the scene of a collision involving a pedestrian at Tomken Road, just north of Meyerside Drive.
Police say a 63-year-old woman was struck by a van while crossing the northbound lanes of Tomken Road. Police allege that the driver fled the scene after the collision.
The woman was transported to hospital but succumbed to her injuries.
On Feb. 1, 2021, Waheed Ahmed, a 57-year-old man from Milton, was arrested and charged with failing to stop after an accident resulting in death. He will appear in court on April 19, 2021.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau at 905-453-2121, Ext. 3710.
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Tomken and Meyerside closed due to fatal collision in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most haunted house in Mississauga
- First responders attempting to free passengers of vehicle that crashed into wall in Brampton
- MISSING: 10 year old girl last seen in Mississauga
- Portion of Britannia Road in Mississauga closed due to collision: Peel Police
- Canadian COVID-19 vaccine shows promising results in Phase 2 clinical trial