Man charged after fatally striking woman with his vehicle in Mississauga
A man is facing charges in connection with an alleged hit and run incident that took place in Mississauga.
Peel police say that in the evening hours of Dec. 8, 2020, officers were called to the scene of a collision involving a pedestrian at Tomken Road, just north of Meyerside Drive.
Police say a 63-year-old woman was struck by a van while crossing the northbound lanes of Tomken Road. Police allege that the driver fled the scene after the collision.
The woman was transported to hospital but succumbed to her injuries.
On Feb. 1, 2021, Waheed Ahmed, a 57-year-old man from Milton, was arrested and charged with failing to stop after an accident resulting in death. He will appear in court on April 19, 2021.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Collision Bureau at 905-453-2121, Ext. 3710.
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- Man Arrested After Pedestrian Fatally Struck in Mississauga
- Police identify woman killed in fatal hit-and-run collision in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Woman Struck and Killed in Mississauga
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Test results are in from Mississauga condo revealing good news about the variants
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- Here’s what you need to know about quarantine hotels in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021