Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
A 58-year-old Etobicoke man has been charged with dangerous driving following an absolutely astounding crash that broke down a QEW sound wall and, surprisingly (and very, very fortunately) only resulted in non-life threatening injuries.
On Jan. 27, a massive collision caused significant delays on the westbound QEW in Mississauga after a vehicle came careening through the barrier wall off Dixie Road and struck a transport truck upon entering the highway. After that initial collision, five more vehicles became involved.
All lanes on the westbound QEW were completely shut down at Dixie Road and one person was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
The OPP recently announced that Carl Bodensieck has been charged with a highway traffic act offense in connection with the dramatic crash.
You can see a video of the aftermath of the crash, courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, below:
QEW - WB lanes closed approaching Dixie Rd https://t.co/jn1MlyEUau— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) January 27, 2017
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Brampton Says Mississauga Might Have to Pay Up if it Leaves Region of Peel
- PHOTOS: A Look at the Glitziest Houses in Mississauga
- Police Release List of Complaints Made to 911 Regarding Amber Alert for Murdered 11 Year Old Girl
- Here’s Exactly How Much Money the Trudeau Government Will Save Millennial Homebuyers in Mississauga
- VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
- Some Roads Remain Closed After Van Plows Through QEW Barrier Wall
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
- One Person Sent to Hospital After Three-Car Crash on 403 in Mississauga