Man Charged After Crashing Through QEW Barrier Wall in Mississauga
A 58-year-old Etobicoke man has been charged with dangerous driving following an absolutely astounding crash that broke down a QEW sound wall and, surprisingly (and very, very fortunately) only resulted in non-life threatening injuries.
On Jan. 27, a massive collision caused significant delays on the westbound QEW in Mississauga after a vehicle came careening through the barrier wall off Dixie Road and struck a transport truck upon entering the highway. After that initial collision, five more vehicles became involved.
All lanes on the westbound QEW were completely shut down at Dixie Road and one person was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
The OPP recently announced that Carl Bodensieck has been charged with a highway traffic act offense in connection with the dramatic crash.
You can see a video of the aftermath of the crash, courtesy of OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, below:
QEW - WB lanes closed approaching Dixie Rd https://t.co/jn1MlyEUau— Sgt Kerry Schmidt (@OPP_HSD) January 27, 2017
- VIDEO: QEW Closed After Vehicle Smashes Through Sound Wall
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- Some Roads Remain Closed After Van Plows Through QEW Barrier Wall
- VIDEO: Crash shuts down all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Check if Your Street Has Been Snow Plowed in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police