Man arrested in relation to a shooting investigation in Mississauga
Investigators from 12 Criminal Investigations Bureau have arrested a Toronto man and seized three firearms relation to a shooting investigation in Mississauga.
On Monday, April 15, 2019, at approximately 10:59p.m., police responded to a call for shots fired in the area of Duke of York Boulevard and Webb Drive in the city of Mississauga. The shots fired was the result of an exchange between two rival groups.
Uniform officers arrived and located evidence of gunfire at the scene. Three males ran from the scene, one male was arrested at the scene with a firearm. A second firearm was recovered at the scene, a second male was arrested in June of 2019 in relation to this incident.
The third suspect discarded three firearms near the scene and made good his escape from police. A male suffering from a gunshot wound transported himself to a Toronto hospital, the male was treated for his injuries and has since recovered.
The efforts of an extensive investigation lead to the identity of a third suspect who discarded the three firearms. On Thursday March 26, 2020 investigators executed a search warrant at a residence on Scarlett Road in the City of Toronto. Abdi Ismail, a 29 year-old man from Toronto was arrested and charged with the following firearms related offences:
1) Possession of a Firearm X6
2) Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm X3
3) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition X3
4) Possession of a firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized X3
5) Possession of a Firearm knowing that the serial number on it has been altered, defaced or removed
6) Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition
Ismail was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on March 27, 2020.
- Arrest made and firearm seized in attempted murder investigation
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- Three People Charged After Firearm Located During Vehicle Investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- These Mississauga retailers are open (or opening) for in-store shopping
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- Mississauga to begin reopening outdoor amenities
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods