Man Arrested in Human Trafficking Investigation in Mississauga
One male is facing charges following an investigation into an incident in Mississauga.
At 6:40 p.m. on Friday, June 1, police responded to a hotel in the area of Argentia and Derry Road West for a report of a male suspect assaulting an 18 year old woman.
Further investigation determined that the male had allegedly exploited the victim in the sex trade for a period of time. The suspect profited from the victim's acts and exercised control over all aspects of her life, police say.
During this time, police say he was also in possession of a handgun, which has been recovered by investigators.
Following a country-wide arrest warrant, Montreal man Brandon Reyes, 23, was arrested in Montreal on Friday, June 8.
He is charged with assault, trafficking in persons, and unauthorized possession of a firearm.
Investigators believe there may be more victims.
Witnesses or anyone with further information can contact police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3555 or 3515.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Human Trafficking Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Man Wanted in Connection with Human Trafficking Offences
- Man facing charges in human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban