Man Arrested in Connection with Suspicious Fire in Mississauga
Police have arrested a man in connection with a suspicious fire.
Peel police report that on Sunday, Nov. 5 at approximately 1:00 a.m. officers and Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services responded to fire at a residential building in the Park Street East and Helene Street North area.
A warrant of arrest for a host of arson-related offenses, criminal harassment and uttering threats to cause death was subsequently issued for 42-year-old Mark Blair.
On Thursday, Dec. 7, Blair was arrested by the RCMP in Ridge Meadows, British Columbia.
The accused was returned to Peel by investigators on Dec. 11. He will be held for a bail hearing on Dec. 12.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to call investigators at 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233.
- Police Release Photo of Man Wanted in Connection with Apartment Fire in Mississauga
- Police Seek Public Assistance Locating Man Allegedly Responsible for Fire in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Assault, Human Trafficking and Firearm-Related Offences
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Suspicious Fire Guts Townhouse Complex in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Stabbing in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen