Man arrested in alleged gunpoint sexual assault in Mississauga
An Oakville man has been arrested in connection with an alleged gunpoint sexual assault in Mississauga.
Peel police say that around 7:00 pm on Wednesday, July 29, 2020, an 18-year-old woman was walking in the parking lot of a plaza in the Hurontario Street and Elia Avenue area when the accused drove by and attempted to solicit her.
Police allege the accused brandished a firearm and demanded the victim enter his vehicle.
According to police, the accused drove a short distance away and sexually assaulted the woman.
On Thursday, July 30, 2020, Alpha McLeod, a 34-year-old man from Oakville, was arrested and charged sexual assault with a weapon, forcible confinement, uttering threats and more.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared in court on Friday, July 31, 2020.
Investigators believe the accused could have been involved in other incidents across the GTA.
"This is a disturbing demonstration of predatory behaviour from an accused which carries irreversible trauma to survivors. It is shocking to know that it occurs in any community. As in this case, our investigators will pursue sex offenders and work towards preventing them from injuring others again," said Peel police Deputy Chief Nick Milinovich in a statement.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or believe they have information pertaining to another similar incident is asked to contact investigators with the Special Victims Unit at 905-453-2121 ext. 3460.
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Police Arrest and Identify Suspect in Connection with Sexual Assault Incidents in Mississauga
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- Man Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Mississauga Hospital Worker Charged With Sexual Assault
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- 24 flights with COVID-19 cases confirmed this week at Pearson Airport in Mississauga