Man Arrested for Threatening Justin Trudeau at Mississauga Event
An unidentified man is facing charges after allegedly uttering threats against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at an event in Mississauga.
Trudeau appeared in Mississauga on May 1 to attend a Liberal party event called An Evening with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
The event took place at the Mississauga Convention Centre on Derry Road West.
Peel police recently shared a post from the RCMP indicating that a male was arrested at the event.
According to the RCMP, the male was arrested for uttering threats and was taken into custody without incident.
Charges are pending.
Police say there was no threat to the public or the Prime Minister.
Peel police assisted with the arrest, and the RCMP says the suspect will remain in their custody until a May 2 bail hearing.
The RCMP has carriage of the investigation.
- RCMP say armed man arrested on grounds near Trudeau residence
- Justin Trudeau Still Preferred Prime Minister After Blackface Photos
- Justin Trudeau about to make an appearance in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau Is Returning to Mississauga
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau self-isolating after wife experiences flu-like symptoms
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.